Monday, October 22, 2007

ARR does it again!



Yes, I am talking about Azhigiya TamilMagan. ARR has churned out a neat album with the right mix of beats that the masses of TN like listening to, and the 'Style' that tags along with Vijay.
Thoughts .....

Ellapughazum:-- ARR
Title song, the rhythm sounds repetitive, the tune , a straightforward one. Not one of ARR's best vocals I should say, I still go with Dil Se. Lyrics..Good Old Vaali, looks like he is becoming popular with writing title tracks for Kollywood heroes( Remember Athiradhi from Sivaji).

Kelamal Kadhale :- Saindhavi, Sriram Partha.
Melodious number tuned to a racy rhythm.. A 'must listen to' for guys who love the flowing numbers of ARR Sriram Parthasaarthy emotes well, the same cant be really said about Saindhavi, her voice lacks strength albeit being one of the sweetest sounding voices in the industry.

Maduraikku Pogadhe:- Benny, Archith, Dharsana
Folk number, somehow feel it has an Ilayaraja flavor to it. Nothing much to be talked about.

Nee Marlyn Monroe: - Benny, Ujjaini,& Co
The strings at the first bit of the song makes one look forward to it. Stylish number, naughty n funny lyrics, great voices, my pick in this album. Female voice (guessing its Ujjaini) is really bratishhhh and filled with attitude:)) Suits Namitha does it??? Song full of energy. Listen to it with your bass adjustments turned to the maximum.

Ponmagal Vandhal:- M.D Aslam, Ember
The song starts with "Muthukkal.." and I am sure you guys are gonna say ,oh not another remix again! But this one really makes one rock. Foot Tapping number. Retains the tune of the old song, experimental with the BGM I should say...catch the little bit of Jaltarang. 'Tanglish' Rap in between, which is typical of ARR albums.., its always half eaten, half processed Tamil !!=)) The English Rap isnt too impressive.

Valayapatti:- Naresh Iyer,Ujjaini & Co
Another folk number fused with classical music, Reminds one of Kummi Adi from Sillendru Oru Kaathal. Naresh has done a great job! The number gets experimental in between with Sivamani's creativity hogging the limelight.

Well, to sum up, ATM is a treat to all music lovers! Hail ARR!

4 comments:

Kumar said...

Thanks for the new pointer. Was bored of listening to same old songs. Let me sample Maduri's taste in music...

Unknown said...

hey madhu, its true nami's song is great. I even liked shreya's melody. I am sure you are correct that ATM will rock

Unknown said...

The song that impressed me immediately was the Marilyn Monroe one. Maduraikku pogathade song reminded me of Kizhalakku Chemayilay. Ponmagal Vandaal reminded me of Thotaal Poo Malarum remix in the movie New. Its a typical ARR album, it takes few listens before I start liking the songs. I can draw parallels between ARR and Justin Timberlake because it took time for me to like JT's new album too.
One a side note, I recently happened to listen to a south american song and was suprised to hear the music of the song Kuzhuvanilay Muthu vandhaloo from the movie Muthu. I dont know if it was the chicken or the egg that came out first, but I am impressed with the deep rooted ties our musicians share with south americans!

maduri said...

@Raj
Thanks!
If you have the link to the South American song, I am sure folks would be intrigued by it!
Would appreciate if you post the link or send me the mp3 and I will put it up here.

Havent heard too much of JT, but one song I instantly liked was "What goes around comes around" , fabulous number.